Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

DQ "Ghost Trip" Oak Alley - New Oreleans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2009, 04:34 PM

Default Gone With the Wind?

Once again, my heart is breaking. The tears keep flowing as I watch my beloved boat take her last journey. Thank you so much for posting these. It is fitting that the Delta Queen made her last journey from a plantation like the wonderful, majestic Oak Alley. Of the two wonderful ladies,I am hearsick that one will be preserved, and not the beloved Delta Queen. I can see that clearly, she too will become a dream that is destined to live in our hearts. As Miss Mitchell so eloquently said;" THERE WAS A LAND OF CAVALIERS AND COTTON FEILDS CALLED THE OLD SOUTH. HERE IN THIS PRETTY WORLD GALLANTRY TOOK ITS LAST BOW...HERE WAS THE LAST EVER TO BE SEEN OF KNIGHTS AND THEIR LADIES FAIR. LOOK FOR IT ONLY IN BOOKS, FOR IT IS NO MORE THAN A DREAM REMEMBERED.....A CIVILIZATION GONE WITH THE WIND..." I could not help but think of this while I viewed our beloved Delta Queen taking her "ghost" trip. Her last act as our Southern Lady Fair. I think she looks the prettiest I have ever seen her in the pictures of the last sunset shining from heaven on her. Please PLEASE tell me she is not "Gone in the Wind". I cannot bear it.