Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Legendary One's Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 PM

Default Legendary One's Blog

I believe most have seen this blog over the summer. I had almost forgotten about its existance until dot.orger Pat Engle reminded me of it again this morning...

Anyways, this is Bil Wiemuth's Blog of this the 2008 season on the Delta Queen. Quite a few pages, make sure you read them all, the pictures and stories are terrific. Within the past few days Bill has added pictures and video of most of the stops the DQ has made this past week...Great video of the last DQ repeaters party...How many steamboat officianos/dot.orgers do YOU recognize? I will be the first to admit that the guy with the moustache and the lady with the red hair right in the front, I don't know them ;-). Link below, second article down is the repeater's party:

http://deltaqueen.wordpress.com/

A side part of his blog are some incredible, and I mean incredible, 360 degree panoramas of inside and outside the Delta Queen. Pat Engle actually pointed these out in another thread, but as it is a part of Bill's blog I thought another link here is appropriate. They will knock your socks off, you just need to give each "picture" time to fully load. Below each rather distorted picture are two links to load each picture to make it interactive, "QTVR" or "FLASH", try 'em both to see if your computer has the right software, I suspect most do. Once the "picture" is fully loaded, drag your mouse right, left, up or down to see a different portion of the pamorama. You will need either Flash Player (FLASH) or Quicktime (QTVR) to load them. Trust me, unreal! Link below:

http://deltaqueen360.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Bruno Krause; 10-29-2008 at 07:20 PM.