Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

What makes a cruise "overnight"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2008, 08:55 AM

Let me add some more food for thought. I was just told recently that the Coast Guard has been known to let a boat run with an expired COI up to 30, 60, even 90 days if the owner is in the process of getting the COI renewed. Wanna take bets on that not happening this time!?!?!!?

Folks lets face it. THEY are out to get us this time! Unless WE ALL start ringing those phones off the hook and sending tons of letters and emails to our Congressmen and those in power to make a difference, our beautiful lady will surely not grace our rivers much longer.

Besides your Congressmen here are a couple more addresses. It was suggested last fall that we write nice, from the heart, honey not attacking letters to: Coast Guard Headquarters, Admiral Thad Allen, Commandant, US Coast Guard, 2103 Second Street SW, Washington, DC 20593. Also Eighth Coast Guard District, Rear Admiral Joel R. Whitehead, Hale Boggs Federal Building, 500 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70730. I might also suggest if there are any union members of any kind reading this who is a DELTA QUEEN lover, would you write to Michael Sacco for us - head of the SIU?

We've recently been trying to get the Chamber of Commerce and the Convention and Visitors Bureau of all the river towns to join our cause. If any of you know ANY elected official contact them and ask for their support. Resolutions are still needed.

The fight is not over! We can not give up! DON'T DELAY, DO IT TODAY! HELP SAVE THE DELTA QUEEN!!!