Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

An idea how gaining more support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2008, 12:10 PM

Default An idea on gaining more support

Folks, As you might guess, I lay awake at night trying to think of ways to SAVE THE DELTA QUEEN. The end of March I sent out emails to each State Headquarters of the VFW and the American Legion. You know the DELTA QUEEN is a veteran of WWII. I asked for volunteers to call each of the headquarters to make sure they got it and would act upon it. I've not been able to get enough volunteers to cover all the calls needed to be made. I have about 10 left if anyone is interested.

In the meantime, I intend to take it a step further. I have started making calls to the local VFW's and American Legion's. Luckily there are several in my area. A quick two minute phone call this morning to two locations and I have already set up times to attend one of their meetings and give a presentation. I will hand out a short history of her service. I will hand out the cards with the calling tree information on it. I will pass around a petition to be signed. And I will ask that they pass the Resolution in support of the exemption.

How easy is this? Many communities have a VFW and/or American Legion. Even if your representative voted for the exemption, these folks have friends and relatives in other areas that they can call and ask for support and ask them to call their Representative and Senator.

What's it take? One evening for a few minutes to SAVE THE DELTA QUEEN is nothing.

So see, there is something for everyone to do. Look in the phone book under Veteran of Foreign Wars and the American Legion. Make that phone call. Ask for support. It's so easy.