Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

What is happening with the sale?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2008, 03:33 PM

My take on that strangely worded statement was this, using the American Queen for instance:

Put the American Queen in the middle of a hopefully calm Gulf of Mexico or Lake Superior and she's just another cruise ship, matter of fact she becomes a rather poor cruise ship...
But, put her in the middle of an American river and now she the ability to become something very special. The boat and the surroundings have to fit, and be sold as a package, something (the river/steamboat experience) that Majestic seemed to be embarrassed about and tried to hide...

But I can see other 'takes' on that statement...And then again maybe I'm giving McLeod WAY too much credit for smarts...

Posting Rules