Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Democracy in Action!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2008, 11:11 PM

Default Democracy in Action!

On Friday April 18, I took our campaign to the offices of several leaders in the House of Representatives. With the help of Vicki, JoAnn, and others, I received a large stack of petitions and resolutions at the DC "office" of the Save the Delta Queen. I had four complete sets of almost everything, so I delivered the petitions to Speaker Pelosi, Majority Leader Hoyer, Majority Whip Clyburn and Chris Van Hollen - my local Representative from Maryland. I have worked with Chris when he was our State Senator in Annapolis. He is also chair of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and his office is next door to Rep. Hoyer in the Longworth Building. The photo shows me in my Steamboatin' shirt with my bag of petitions standing at Rep. Van Hollen's office.

Fridays are slow on Capitol Hill. The elected officials traditionally head home for a long weekend and return for session on Tuesday. As a result I did not meet any of the Members. But their staff members were very helpful and took the petitions. Vicki and I also included a cover letter asking for help with HR 3852.

Thanks to everyone who helped gather signatures and sent the petitions to me in Washington!

Wesley
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0644.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1591