Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Ambassadors Int. goes full steam ahead, eventually!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2008, 12:35 AM
Administrator

Default Ambassadors Int. goes full steam ahead, eventually!

Joe Ueberroth, President of Majestic America Line and CEO of Ambassadors International Inc., has started a public campaign today to save the Delta Queen. With an arousing call for public support ("Save American Jobs, Save American Cultural Heritage - SAVE THE DELTA QUEEN!") the company eventually takes an open and public approach to our cause, after months of working in the background that Mr. Ueberroth describes as follows: "I have personally walked the halls of Congress to gain support. The company has hired consultants and lobbyists to gain support. [...] To date, all to no avail."

Joe Ueberroth: "[The Delta Queen] was good enough and safe enough to host three presidents and a princess."

In a Delta Queen Whitepaper he gives a comprehensive overview over the history of the Delta Queen, her impact on American History and on her immaculate safety status. In the e-mail sent out to thousands of Majestic America Line customers and Delta Queen supporters today, Mr. Uebberoth stresses the unbelievable inconsistencies in politics and points on very interesting earlier statements of US Congress regarding the Delta Queen exemption. There are some eye-opening facts I didn't know before and I highly recommend reading the whitepaper as well as the e-mail in detail.

Call for Action: Talk Radio Stations!

Ambassador's approach, which I think is an extremely good one, is: talk radio stations. Let's hear the nation about the trouble the Delta Queen is in. Please read Joe Ueberroth's message for details and how you can support the talk radio campaign as well as addressing the presidential candidates.

Personal note: I consider this as a very happy day and hope that everyone is seeing this the same way! :-))

Franz