Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   Save the DELTA QUEEN (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/save-delta-queen/)
-   -   *Cincinnati vote on DELTA QUEEN Iniative.* (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/save-delta-queen/1920-cincinnati-vote-delta-queen-iniative.html)

R. Dale Flick 12-12-2007 10:33 AM

*Cincinnati vote on DELTA QUEEN Iniative.*

Steamboating colleagues:
Cincinnati City Council member Ms. Leslie Ghiz just contacted me here with the following information RE: the DELTA QUEEN iniative/resolutions.

Dale: "Just to let you know that my resolution supporting the DELTA QUEEN will be up for a vote at the 'Tourism Meeting' on Tuesday, December 18th at 4pm. Please consider attending the meeting and please pass this note to others who may be interested." Leslie

I assume this will be here in City Hall but don't know what room or if in general chambers. I will do all I can and more to attend this meeting. I have doubts any 'comments' will be solicited from the audience. Security and protocol requires attendees to sign in upon entering.

Cheers,
R. Dale Flick

Marian Nusekabel 12-13-2007 07:55 PM

Hi Dale
I received an email from Councilwoman Ghiz about the resolution and I replied that I'm hoping for a 100% yes vote because of the Delta Queen being a part of Cincinnati History.
I also mentioned that some of us who would be attending the meeting can not because we will be on the American Queen Dec. 14th/21st for a reunion cruise. Ask her to remark about this if too many do not show for support.
Glad you are going. Hope others join you. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
Good luck and God bless.
Marian & Ray Nusekabel

R. Dale Flick 12-14-2007 07:11 AM

Hi, Marian & steamboating colleagues:
Marian, glad to hear you, Ray and others will be chugging out on the AMERICAN QUEEN. As for the 'Tourism Committee' meeting Tuesday, Dec. 18th at 4:00 PM, leaves me wondering. At this point I'm 'foggy' on whether this discussion will imply a resolution from just the 'Tourism Committee' or one leading to a general statement from Cincinnati City Council. People tend to be playing this close to their watch pockets. I doubt this will be an open forum for speakers to address the DELTA QUEEN initiative at the microphone. If so, that could extend the meeting for some time in the late afternoon. During past civic/political issues I've arrived for meetings with all of us still there as late as 10:00 PM and pretty self-defeating. Ms. Ghiz is most aggressive on this and I'm assuming she will run the show. Likewise, she has been in support of 1st Dist. Steven Chabot's bill for the house in Washington. I asked Ms. Ghiz if she, or others, had any word from the present 'Tall Stacks' office. I note that 'Tall Stacks' has now relocated to new offices out of the center of Cincinnati here in Anderson Township near me.

The 'Cincinnati Convention & Visitor Bureau' here is aggressive as are other convention/travel groups across the river in northern Kentuky. I worked with them beginning in 1984 leading up to the 'Cincinnati Bicentennial 1788-1988.' That was the beginning of the 'Tall Stacks' event. I served as secretary for the event and the ideas, plans stemming from that planted the seed. Others on this web also joined and the effort has moved ahead. You bet I'll attend this Tuesday...bathed, barbered, dressed and slicked back to watch and listen. No logo T-shirt or waving posters on my part.

Cheers,
R. Dale Flick

R. Dale Flick 12-14-2007 03:30 PM

Steamboating colleagues:
Cincinnati Council member Ms. Leslie Ghiz just communicated to me that Tuesday's meeting RE: DELTA QUEEN initiative before the 'Tourism Committee' will be held in Room 300 - 3rd Floor City Hall. Her administrative assistant is Mr. Matt Jones at 1-(513)-352-3357.

Cheers,
R. Dale Flick

R. Dale Flick 12-15-2007 07:17 AM

[QUOTE=R. Dale Flick;8940]Hi, Marian & steamboating colleagues:
Marian, glad to hear you, Ray and others will be chugging out on the AMERICAN QUEEN. As for the 'Tourism Committee' meeting Tuesday, Dec. 18th at 4:00 PM, leaves me wondering. At this point I'm 'foggy' on whether this discussion will imply a resolution from just the 'Tourism Committee' or one leading to a general statement from Cincinnati City Council. People tend to be playing this close to their watch pockets. I doubt this will be an open forum for speakers to address the DELTA QUEEN initiative at the microphone. If so, that could extend the meeting for some time in the late afternoon. During past civic/political issues I've arrived for meetings with all of us still there as late as 10:00 PM and pretty self-defeating. Ms. Ghiz is most aggressive on this and I'm assuming she will run the show. Likewise, she has been in support of 1st Dist. Steven Chabot's bill for the house in Washington. I asked Ms. Ghiz if she, or others, had any word from the present 'Tall Stacks' office. I note that 'Tall Stacks' has now relocated to new offices out of the center of Cincinnati here in Anderson Township near me.

The 'Cincinnati Convention & Visitor Bureau' here is aggressive as are other convention/travel groups across the river in northern Kentuky. I worked with them beginning in 1984 leading up to the 'Cincinnati Bicentennial 1788-1988.' That was the beginning of the 'Tall Stacks' event. I served as secretary for the event and the ideas, plans stemming from that planted the seed. Others on this web also joined and the effort has moved ahead.

Cheers,
R. Dale Flick