Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

National Trust 11 Most Endangered

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2007, 03:43 PM

Default National Trust 11 Most Endangered

Early on I had contacted the National Trust for Historic Preservation in Washington. I was told one way to get national attention and maybe some support was to nominate the DELTA QUEEN to be on their 11 Most Endangered List. The application was to be on their website in November or December.

I had hoped by the time the application came out we would have the exemption in hand. But since that has not happened and the application is on their website now, we need a person or a few persons to help each other fill out the form and gather supporting documents. Since my work load at the office is at flood stage I hope someone else will step up to the plate and work on this. Vic Canfield had said early on he might be able to work on it. I'm not sure of his status at the moment.

Unfortunately it is due in Washington by January 4th. The good news is we do not have to have the "owner's" approval to nominate her. I along with David Vrooman have copies of the Resolutions that have been passed. I also along with others have page after page of signed petitions in support of the exemption. I would suggest sending along the newspaper articles that have been published throughout the United States. And of course we have the on line petition with all those wonderful comments. And last but not least is the wonderful video created by Jonathon Tschiggfrie.

All we need is someone to fill out the form and gather the information.

Could we have a "Hero" step up to the plate on this request? Who out there could do this for our beloved DELTA QUEEN?

THANKS. Jo Ann