Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

John Ratzenberger's "Made in America"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2007, 12:41 PM

I received the same kind of reply from Congressman Ellsworth of the 8th District in Indiana, who represents Evansville. But I got a negative reply from Congressman Baron Hill, Democrat, who feels that Mr. Oberstar is right in not supporting the exemption (for safety reasons was the excuse I was given). Mr. Hill represents the Jeffersonville and Madison, Indiana areas where the DELTA QUEEN pumps revenue on her many stops in the Madison and Louisville area. I'm embarassed to say he is my representative and I'm doing everything I can to change his mind. So any of you folks who live in Indiana and in particular the 9th district, please call or write Baron Hill's office and let him know he is WRONG to support Congressman Oberstar and his twisted ideas of how many "hundreds" of people could be harmed!