Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Happy Thanksgiving

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2006, 09:11 PM

Default Greetings From the RH/RS Harbor

While not as elaborate a festive board as Dale described, Thanksgiving on the GRAND VICTORIA II, at Rising Sun, was memorable. After enjoying a tasty spread ashore at the Employee Dining Room (EDR), Christina, our Bridge Mate remarked soon after I returned to the boat, "Hope you are still hungry." Her folks had sent two huge go-boxes of great homecookin' down to the boat, and yes, I ate every delicious bite of mine. So much for the ole diet this holiday week.

We heard that the Rabbit Hash Shipyard closed a day early so Cliff could get the fixins cleaned and ready for his celebrated Possum Stuffing that everyone in these parts raves about once they get up the nerve to try some. Fannie baked the pies and Aunt Stella Mae brought her usual whatcha-ma-call-its. The Chief contributed two wild turkeys he shot over on North Branch, and from the smell of woodsmoke that's filled the bottoms, bonfires are burning on the riverbank below the General Store. And the celebrating may go on all night, or at least until the woodpile runs out, no one is left standing to scrounge for more, or the Rabbit Hash Volunteer FD is called out to wet down the party. Happens every year.