Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Great cruise on the Natchez today - Thanks Judy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2006, 10:53 PM

Default Great cruise on the Natchez today - Thanks Judy!

By the way - - - Tell all of your friends that NOLA is not full of thugs waiting to rob you and to come on down and spend money. While attending the Real Estate convention this week, people told me their friends or family up north (that could be the problem) were afraid for them to come down to NOLA, a tragic result of the excessive news coverage of the storm violence. The looters stole a lot more from the city than just what they took.

To the cruise - Judy Patsch met me today and introduced me to the Natchez crew. We had a great cruise on a fine boat. Judy narrated and is quite knowledgeable about everything along the river. She is really a dedicated woman. Perfessor Debbie gave a fine Cally Opie concert. Capt. Houghton and Capt. Troy Delaney (pilot), and Chief Vieagas gave me the royal treatment.

It is a great testament to the value of community that exists through communication on this message board. I wish the Natchez crew and all of those in New Orleans a speedy recovery. Things look pretty good down there as far as a visitor is concerned.

Ed Jones

Last edited by wedjones; 11-14-2006 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Misspelling