Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   River Talk & Cruises (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/)
-   -   Tall stacks photos (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/698-tall-stacks-photos.html)

steamer d 11-10-2006 01:45 AM

Tall stacks photos

1 Attachment(s)
I have a bunch of tall stacks photos that I thought I could post to the website if someone could just tell me how to do it. It was my first tall stacks and for that matter the first time seeing or being on a riverboat in person. If I said, "I fell in love with them" it might be the understatement of the year. hopefully uploaded one example.
Thanks,
Dustin

Nick-Taylor 11-10-2006 02:55 AM

Send them to Franz would be your best bet if you want them on this website.

Did you get any of the Mississippi Queen? I was curious where she docked, as she was never at the main landing when I was onboard the Natchez.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing your pictures...

-Nick

Bob Reynolds 11-10-2006 07:01 AM

Dustin, as you can probably see, you did just fine on uploading the picture. Welcome to steamboats.org! I must inform you, however, this steamboat-itis is a terminal illness. Once hooked, that's it. There is no recovery. Ever. ;-))

Judy Patsch 11-10-2006 10:24 AM

The MQ was with the DQ upriver at Schmidt Field, or Landing, a couple of miles above the public landing. She landed just above the Natchez on Monday morning and the DQ was just below the Natchez for that day.

Judy Patsch 11-10-2006 10:54 AM

DQ and MQ near Tall Stacks...

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures to go with the above posting. I took these from the NATCHEZ.

Judy Patsch 11-10-2006 11:16 AM

After TS Monday Morning

1 Attachment(s)
Here, courtesy of Lee Havlik of the SPIRIT OF PEORIA, is a pix of the 3 together at the public landing on Monday morning. The QUEENS arrived shortly after the BELLE left at 10:10, and the NATCHEZ departed shortly after noon.

Elaine Santangelo 11-10-2006 11:27 AM

Great photo!

Funny about that steamboatitis- don't think there is a cure but I don't think we are trying to cure it- more likely we work at making it worse.

Keith Norrington 11-10-2006 01:19 PM

My steamboating mentor, Ruth Ferris, used to say, "Keep the muddy water flowing in your veins until distilled water flows to the sea!" And of course there is that well known saying of "Once you ride behind two stacks you are doomed to steamboat until you are tombed!" And, although our beloved DQ has only ONE stack, she counts for having given "steamboatitis" to many, many "kids" of all ages!!! And, as Elaine said, no cure is being sought for this marvelous malady that has afflicted so many of us!

Nick-Taylor 11-10-2006 03:47 PM

Judy, thank you for the pic... I wish I could have been there when they all were docked at the public landing. I did ask someone at an info desk where the DQ, and MQ are, but he said they were docked "down river", but pointed "up river" as he said that. So I didn't know what to think... :-)

Carmen 11-11-2006 01:14 AM

Nick,

You didnīt know what to think? I knew it exactly when I asked twice at the ticket office if the Magnolia Belle is running and was assured that all boats are in and running. I asked again at the dock and still was assured the boat is running although obviously she wasnīt there. My experiences with most of the volunteers: Better donīt ask them, they donīt know anything about the boats.

Carmen