Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Need drawings on boat ramp tie downs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2006, 01:55 PM

Default Need drawings on boat ramp tie downs

Howdy....yes, I'm probably goofing up the correct name of the tie downs, poles, thing-a-ma-gigs, that is used to be able to use rope to tie down boats at boat ramps. I finally got a politician who wants to present to his board some drawings/prices to add some tie downs to our two boat ramps. Yes, he realizes that boats would like a great lower marina effect, but for right now, tie downs are what we're tackling first. So, if anyone has some drawings, specs of what can be used, pricing--I told him about $1200 each at least, from a story months earlier in may on message board, I need to show this politician. Anyone got any ideas on this. I've asked the folks from Louisville, Ky, to ask their Captain as he checks out the marina and the boat ramp at marker 797, to see if they have any idea of what could be added. I need your help on this. It sure would help us get more boats in the region. Well, if our city doesn't accommodate them on this, they'll start having to dock in the region and forget us. So, I want our city to be right up there with the other cities---and, we're the largest city in the two hour radius. But, the smaller cities are ahead on this. Your help is needed and appreciated. Thanks, Mary.