Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

American Empress eventually really owned by American Queen Steamboat Company

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2014, 11:03 AM

Is this anything like ACL "eventually really" putting the WASHINGTON calliope on the QUEEN OF THE MISSISSIPPI?

I believe AQSC had an agreement to purchase the boat when they made the first public announcement and like anything of this scope, they had to do their due diligence to close the sale. All that is being reported on here is the closure of the sale. There was nothing underhanded, or suspect about this at any time as your headline might infer.

I can think of other companies who (on the other hand) do things underhanded regularly and publicly. Unlike your typical and negative reference to AQSC here I won't name them directly in this sentence.

Posting Rules