Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   River Talk & Cruises (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/)
-   -   BELLE OF LOUISVILLE's 100th Birthday Bash (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/5059-belle-louisvilles-100th-birthday-bash.html)

Bob Reynolds 09-29-2013 07:59 PM

BELLE OF LOUISVILLE's 100th Birthday Bash

Who all is going to Louisville next year for the BELLE's 100th? We plan to go but want to be with other real steamboat fans and not get lost in an anonymous crowd. How about let's all get together and figure out how to make this happen?

Jim Herron 09-29-2013 10:29 PM

Sounds like a good idea. How about an "official" gathering place for .org members, maybe at the Howard Museum's location? How about a dinner at the Kingfish or other establishment if that one is too crowded?

Also, how about some kind of .org recognition tag, badge or ball cap?

Bob Reynolds 09-29-2013 11:37 PM

Good ideas, Jim. I myself am not overly taken with the Kingfish, but will defer to others if that's what folks want! We certainly have some time -- my main concern was getting tickets to ride the BELLE on a trip that other swill be on, before they sell out.

Bill Donovan 09-30-2013 05:05 PM

It is my intention to be there along with my family. I have 3 children who are looking forward to it as well.

Keith Norrington 10-01-2013 11:20 AM

Belle Centennial has New Name

A communique from the office of the mayor of Louisville came to my desk last week concerning the Belle's birthday party next year. The festival has a new name and a somewhat different direction, now being touted as the[B] CENTENNIAL FESTIVAL OF RIVERBOATS [/B]- featuring Food - Bourbon - Music - Art.

The listing for events:

Tuesday - October 14 - Opening Ceremony
Wednesday - October 15 - Bourbon Pavilion Opening Day
Thursday - October 16 - Boat Races
Friday - October 17 - Belle's Balloon Glow
Saturday - October 18 - Belle's 100th Birthday Party - river parade, music and fireworks
Sunday - October 19 - Boat Race Awards Ceremony

[B]For tickets and information: [url]www.FestivalofRiverboats.com[/url][/B]

The Howard Steamboat Museum & Mansion will observe the centennial celebration with a special exhibit of the Belle's colorful history. Plans for several programs and events are in the works but no definite dates have been set as arrangements are incomplete at this time. Information will be posted as details become available. Stay tuned!

Lee Anne Ward 10-01-2013 12:52 PM

Oh, how I would love to be there... But, it depends on how much vacation time and $ I have by then. Lousiville is a 2+ day drive from here (southern NH), and 2+ days back.

Jim Herron 10-03-2013 12:11 AM

Looks like the biggest cruises (Parade & Race) are not going to be available to the public or have they been pre-sold?
-Jim Herron