not logged in.
           forgot password?

Join Us - Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2013, 01:08 PM

Default Join Us - Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing

Greetings!

I know there are some who see it as blasphemous to mention or speak of ocean vessels on this site but I know there are many out there who, like me, enjoy both river and sea travel. With that said, I'd like to invite anyone interested to join some of us river rats/.org'ers on a westbound transatlantic crossing aboard Cunard Line's flagship liner Queen Mary 2.

This trip will be taking place in December 2014. Why such an early notice you ask? Well I like to plan ahead and give people plenty of time to think things over before a decision. I have been communicating frequently with my Cunard planner who has assisted me with previous trip details and bookings even though it is a year and a half away.

She has provided me with the following tentative plan: Fly to London on December 12 or 13 (roughly 2-3 days before sailing) and spend a day or two in the city sightseeing before being transported to Southampton on the morning December 15 (date of sailing) by train or bus. We'll board the ship from there and enjoy seven days crossing the pond to New York with arrival on December 22.

Rates vary as you all well know and depend on the type of stateroom you book and time of year - booking early offers possibilities of upgrades and onboard credit, etc. while booking late can save a significant amount of money. This particular crossing is off-season making it more affordable for some. Also if you're a returning passenger like some of us you'll receive an additional discount using your world club number.

If anyone is interested and has questions please feel free to private message me on here.

Thanks!

Taylor Abbott