Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Howard Chautauqua this weekend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2013, 12:30 PM

Default Howard Chautauqua this weekend

As is my custom, I am heading over to Jeffersonville this weekend to help with the Howard Museum's Chautauqua, and as is unfortunately also a custom, there always seems to be some minor house crisis to deal with first - this year it is termites! Hopefully the Orkin killer did the job and Angel won't be jumping around crazily chasing the little winged buggers while I'm gone!
While this festival doesn't draw the river people that the River Ramblings does, there will be several in attendance, so if you happen to be in the neighborhood, come on over! Saturday 10-5, Sunday 10-4. Among the 'luminaries' to be found will be Ted Grind with the Wind Guillaum and his monkey friend, Jim and Annie Blum and her book on the ADMIRAL, Jo Ann Schoen and her money box to collect admissions, Kenny Howe, Kevin Mullen, and other local river rats with their muscles and brains to help set up, and Keith Norrington with his megaphone shouting docking orders in his first year as the Big Cheese, the Head Honcho of the Howard. Of course the Kingfish Restaurant beckons after the festival, and after dinner, survivors of the day may gather over at my hotel for afterglow.
Speaking of River Ramblings, Keith will announce the details about that after he recovers from Chautauqua, but let me warn you to save your pennies because there is going to be another River Ramblings Rummage Sale and I've loaded my vehicle with items this morning, including many hardback river books which somehow got purchased in twos... or threes...
1) Ted 'Grind with the Wind' Guillaum 2011
2) 3 VIPS in 2011
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3122_1.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	8905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3124.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	8906