Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Long ago on the Upper Mississippi River..1979 that is!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2012, 04:08 PM

Default Long ago on the Upper Mississippi River..1979 that is!

Hey all,

I just found an old copy of the Middle Ohio River Chapter of the Sons and Daughters of Pioneer Rivermen news letter, the Riverview. In it was a dictionary of MISSISSIPPI QUEEN terms penned rather tongue in cheek for some of the calamatious events of her first UMR cruise. Since this has come up on here several times over the years and yet to be posted in it's entirety, I thought I would post the old document for all to get a little winters laugh from!

You may want to download this to your computer so you can enlarge it in what ever photo software you use.

Beware, this is about the funniest thing ever to make it to print in the Riverview ever! Get ready for laughs!

Enjoy!

Travis