Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

MQ news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2011, 08:40 AM

Default MQ hull

I have confirmed that the hull was indeed scrapped. I spoke with the gentleman that helped put the deal together between the chinese and those that were involved in dismantling the boat.

Again it is a long story to tell and I don't know that I could ever get it correct, but for several reasons the hull was moved in the middle of the night to a different location for scrapping.

Hopefully later in the week I will have some time to share some stories and pictures.

If anyone ever had time to write a book about the lifespan of the MQ, they need to make a trip to LA and interview these folks. There are great people and I believe would be happy to share their stories.

Pierre Part is a small Parish and needlest to say the arrival and scrapping of the boat was a big deal in their town.

If anyone watches History Channel and the show Swamp People, it all happens in Pierre Part. We had a chance to meet some of these folks and spend a night in their neighborhood eating blue crabs and listening to stories.