Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Happy Spring!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2011, 08:17 AM

Location: On the "Beautiful Ohio" at New Albany, Indiana, opposite Louisville, Kentucky
Default Happy Spring!

After an unusually brutal winter and an Ohio River flood, SPRING has finally arrived today! I always say that it isn't truly "official" until I hear the whistle of the BELLE for the first time, but it's in the 70's, birds are singing and the trees and flowers are blooming (AH-HOO!) as we again embrace this beautiful and glorious season of renewal.

Today also marks the first anniversary of the passing of my 14 year old orange tabby cat, Casey, which many of my dot org friends have met and knew. To some, he was "just a cat" but, to me, that cute little rascal was my child. He loved to recline amidst the artifacts on the rolltop desk in my River Room or to relax in "his" chair in the garden. The vet and staff at Ridgeview Animal Clinic, where he had a tremendous fan club, called him a "one in a million cat" due to his unique purr-sonality! Dearly loved and MUCH missed!

HAPPY SPRING BLESSINGS to ALL!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Casey on River Room desk 4-98.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	6684   Click image for larger version

Name:	Casey Portrait 5-2010.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	6685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Casey on River Room desk  1998.jpg