Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

TITANIC exhibit coming to Davenport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2011, 09:49 AM

Default "Oh, The Children ..."

Some years ago, my wife Peggy was invited into the home of an old lady who revealed that she, as a little girl, was on the TITANIC that fateful voyage. When the woman recalled the coldness of the night, Peg said a chill came over the room, and the woman, who said her name was "Mrs. Pink", seemed to return to that terrible scene, and she began crying in a loud voice, "The women! The children! The sreaming! Oh, the children ...."

After we were married, Peggy tried to find Mrs. Pink's little cottage, but it had been torn down, and all attempts to find "Mrs. Pink" on the roster of TITANIC survivors was unsuccessful, as "Pink" was obviously her married name. But, if you get a chance, ask my wife to recount her visit with the little old lady from the TITANIC, and you will return with her and Mrs. Pink to that morning my Grandfather Jesse turned 19.