Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Oberstar OUT! Chabot IN!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2010, 12:34 AM

Default Moving Forward in 2011

I'm not sure how you all feel but I think our best chance at getting the DQ rollin' again is to hit our newly elected Congressman up now to have this exemption passed. Although they aren't going to be in office until January, giving them a "heads up" or gentle reminder will not hurt!

Once the committee chairs are seated and the new Congress gets underway, we could have a legitimate and exceptional chance to see this exemption become reality again after three years! Is this not what we have been waiting for??

There's a chance this could be one of the only piece of bipartisan legislation that this Congress can get passed AND its something President Obama supported in his 2008 campaign. These promises were made, it is our duty to hold them to this. It creates jobs, stimulates local river economies (as we all well know) and brings an iconic jewel of America back!

I am openly suggesting we start a new Save the Delta Queen Campaign now and rekindle this fire started three years ago. We can't sit by and expect them to just pass this, it isn't going to happen. We need to fight and fight hard to make them see that we are a viable and serious group of people and that the Delta Queen stands for something more than just a tourist attraction. She's an icon of America and a symbol of our river history. It's time we get her steaming again!

Taylor