Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Plan Ahead - TWILIGHT CRUISE in 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2010, 03:16 PM

Default Plan Ahead - TWILIGHT CRUISE in 2011

Knowing that we have a very busy bunch on this board, I thought it wise to give you advance notice: the MOR and RRR are joining together on a cruise on the TWILIGHT riverboat on Aug. 14/15, 2011. That is a Sunday/Monday trip. MOR has taken this trip several times in the past, and the RRR's first trip together was on the TWILIGHT two years ago. This trip begins in LeClaire Iowa, goes to Dubuque and returns to LeClaire the second day. LeClaire is on I-80 just above the Quad-Cities, so for those coming from MOR territory, you'd just take I-74, which merges with I-80 here - a simple drive! Chances are good that either pre or post cruise there would be an open house here at the Middle Upper Mississippi River Museum(with cookies and Planters Punch), and that the evening in Dubuque would probably include a filmfest of steamboating led by David Tschiggfrie. And of course, while in LeClaire, one can tour the LONE STAR, the last operating steam sternwheel towboat on the UMR. So get out next year's datebook and pencil in these dates. More info later, but the group rate will be approximately $319 per person for the 2 day cruise.