Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Cruising on the Tennessee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2010, 08:59 PM

Default Cruising on the Tennessee

We're here in Knoxville on the banks of the Tennessee River for the UT/Oregon football game Saturday night. I knew Neyland Stadium was near the river, but never realized how close it is. The Oregon fans' homebase is on the river at Calhouns Restaurant, which is where the Volunteer Navy docks - one of the most expensive collections of private yachts, cruisers, houseboats, you'll ever see together. Tonight we took the dinner cruise on the STAR OF KNOXVILLE, which was a very nice 2 hour trip downriver past palatial homes and gardens.
Mentioning the NATCHEZ got me a visit to the pilothouse, where I was told to talk to a bartender, who used to work on the DELTA QUEEN. I'm posting her picture here and want Bob, Dave, Keith, and Lexie in particular to look at her before I post her identity - she worked on the DQ in our era. Recognize her?
You never know what or whom you might see on the river!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1708.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	5957