Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Old Friends , Old Pilots & Old Memories !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2010, 03:34 PM

Default Old Friends , Old Pilots & Old Memories !

Greetings From New Orleans ,
Last night , the 21st. of January was one of those rare and few opportunities when five old friends and the same five old pilots were able to get together for a memorable meal at the famous New Orleans , Royal Orleans , Rib Room .
The five of us included Capt. Doc Hawley , Capt. Don Summers , Capt. Vern Streckfus , Retired Coast Guard Commander , Jimmy Duckworth and then last but not least , yours truly . We first met at Doc's , French Quarter home for drinks , a toast to gone but certainly not forgotton Capt. Roddy Hammet and then we went to the hotel Royal Orleans , Rib Room , where the meal , the conversation , and the comradie was just outstanding . Old stories , old lies and old memories were exchanged and then new and better memories were made . No telling if any of us that attended this annual get together and meal will be there next year but you can bet your last dollar that those of us that are there will remember and toast those of us that are not ! What great friends and great memories ! Just one more reason why I love the river , the work and the friends that I have come to know and love over the years that I have been so very blessed to work on !
Smooth Sailing !
Ted Davisson
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WWWW 192.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	4880   Click image for larger version

Name:	WWWW 193.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	4881   Click image for larger version