Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   River Talk & Cruises (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/)
-   -   Steamboat Trivia Questions! (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/3392-steamboat-trivia-questions.html)

Mathew Stage 01-15-2010 01:08 PM

Steamboat Trivia Questions!

We give away a lot of Chautauqua Belle tickets to fundraisers and other groups to give away at events, as well as things on the radio. I'm starting to run out of Steamboat and other fun trivia questions to give these groups that are entertaining yet the common person can still figure it out. Nothing too hard, can even be trick questions my favorite when we are out on tours is asking if anyone can tell me the difference between a line and a rope.

So if anyone has any fun questions or other trivia I'd love to hear them! Thanks, Mat

Tom Schiffer 01-15-2010 02:34 PM

Matthew, I got the answer to that one: Riverlorian's got a line...bell's got a rope! Cap'n Walnut.

Lexie Palmore 01-16-2010 12:22 PM

I was watching something on tv about the latest mega cruise ship, and the reporter was standing by a huge bollard with a number of the ship's mooring lines on it. She said, "These lines are called ropes."

(If this isn't amusing, you need to go back to Boating 101.)

Mathew Stage 01-16-2010 06:21 PM

My favorite answer one of my Captains gives is "well my wife would tell you that a line is what this old captain just gave her, and a rope is what shes gunna hang me with."

Frank X. Prudent 01-16-2010 09:44 PM

Dad, often said that the first question that the Inspector asked him on his assistant engineers test was, "What is the [U]most important [/U]line on a steamboat?" Does anyone know the answer that the Inspector wanted; let's see! The Snickers Bar waiting on my desk goes to the first lucky one with the correct answer.

Judy Patsch 01-16-2010 11:06 PM

the steam line............................

Mathew Stage 01-16-2010 11:15 PM

[QUOTE=Frank X. Prudent;20028]Dad, often said that the first question that the Inspector asked him on his assistant engineers test was, "What is the [U]most important [/U]line on a steamboat?" Does anyone know the answer that the Inspector wanted; let's see! The Snickers Bar waiting on my desk goes to the first lucky one with the correct answer.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA Great One!! I will be sure to give credit

Frank X. Prudent 01-17-2010 05:24 PM

[QUOTE=Judy Patsch;20029]the steam line............................[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that's not the answer! The Snickers Bar is still waiting to be claimed.

Jim Blum 01-17-2010 07:22 PM

The one used to chock a tree in an emergency.

Tom Schiffer 01-17-2010 08:08 PM

The chow line. Cap'n Walnut