not logged in.
           forgot password?

The New Orleans Work Boat Show & Three Old Friends

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2010, 10:51 PM

Default The New Orleans Work Boat Show & Three Old Friends

Greetings From New Orleans ,
Last month the annual New Orleans Work Boat Show took place and as usual the Moreal Convention Center was full of all the new and improved tools of the trade for work boats but what really made it worh while for me was not what I saw but whom I saw . What really made it interesting was to see and to catch up with two old river and steamboat friends ; Captain Greg Menke and Captain Finley Frasier . Greg and I go back to the early days on the Str. Delta Queen and Finley and I go back to the early days at the National River Academy , in Helena , Arkansas . Wow , where did the years go and it was just so nice to remenist with both these two men and to catch up with what and where we're still all plying our trade on the rivers ! It was just so nice to see these two guys again ! I often think now that Greg , Finley and myself have reached that stage in our lives and careers where we have become those old gray haired pilots that once graced the Pilot House of the Str. Delta Queen so very long ago .
Smooth sailing !
Ted Davisson
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capt Finley & Greg 3.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	4839