not logged in.
           forgot password?

BELLE OF LOUISVILLE 95th Birthday and PA DENNY with POCHAHONTAS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2009, 09:32 PM

Default BELLE OF LOUISVILLE 95th Birthday and PA DENNY with POCHAHONTAS

Hey all,

Strange how one phone call nets nothing and another changes everything! I had a call this morning to attend the BELLE birthday bash from a friend and later got a frantic call from someone else to repair the BELLE's calliope....I ended up changing all my days plans and having a great day of steamboating!

While on the BELLE OF LOUISVILLE we passed the PA DENNY downbound with Capt. Frank Straub at the wheel...he even played the automated player calliope aboard the boat as she passed the BELLE.

I don't guess I need to remind anyone here of my affections towards the DENNY...she was the first boat I drew a paycheck playing calliope on back in 1978.

Most of the entire upbound portion of the cruise we were shadowed by a very attractive little steam boat fashioned as a little tug boat named POCHAHONTAS.

Pictures of the whole thing will follow!

Weather and good company conspired to make a great day of steamboating!

Strangely enough...the calliope wouldn't act up for me when I got there. I think I know what the probelm is and will forward that information to the appropriate authorities! He, he, he!

Travis

Last edited by inactive user 02; 10-11-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Misspelling