Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Recent Photos of the PRESIDENT - Resting in Pieces!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2009, 05:06 PM

It's a shame to see steam engines dismembered as such, but I hope they will make their way back to their rightful place in good time! I've had a fascination with the Stmr. President for a while, mostly because it a sidewheeler with a good portion of its steam plant left on board. I would love to see those engines put to good use! They still have a home, though, which is better than the fate of so many before. I doubt there are very few steam engineers that could look at that equipment and not imagine them hissing steam from their packing. This may have been discussed at length in previous threads, but what is the history of this particular steam engine manufacturer? I've also had a fascination with Art Deco, but I still have a hard time reconciling with it being on a steamboat. Anyway, these are interesting and very unique photos!