not logged in.
           forgot password?

River Region Churches

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2009, 09:03 PM

Default River Region Churches

Greetings From The River Region !
Just one of the many things that makes this part of the country (the Deep South) and more specifically the River Region (the area between New Orleans and Baton Rouge that lines the river) , there are many and varried churches that line the banks of the Mississippi River between New Orleans and Baton Rouge . The St. Louis Cathedral for example , which is of course a prominent New Orleans landmark is actually just one of many of the old and beautiful churches that literally line the banks of the Mississippi River . Also , thanks to the heritage and culture of this area , which is primarily French , it goes without saying that the majority of these churches are Catholic . Now wheather you are Catholic or not and I say this with the utmost respect to the Catholic religion , Catholics know how to build and maintain beautiful and spectacular churches ! I remember one Christmas Eve , when I was running Captain on the Str. Delta Queen , we made an unscheduled Christmas Eve shore stop in Donaldsonville , Louisiana inorder for our passengers to attend a Christmas Midnight Mass at the Donaldsonville , Catholic Church . Now Donaldsonville , Louisiana is a very , very small community but the Catholic Church is nothing less than huge , spectacular and beautiful . My point here is that regardless of the size of the population of the area , you can bet your last dollar that the local Catholic Church will be nothing less than breathtaking and the view that I see from the river is just as awesome !
Smooth Sailing !
Ted Davisson
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ted 082.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	3453   Click image for larger version

Name:	t 2438.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	3454   Click image for larger version