Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Off to NOLA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2009, 04:15 AM

Default Off to NOLA

On this day, the 34th anniversary of the NATCHEZ' first trip - hard to believe she's that old - I'm packing up and getting ready to head south for some real R&R. The NOLA temps have been in the 70s and low 80s, which are supposed to hold for the week I'm down there, thank goodness. This winter looks like it will never stop here. This weekend will be the French Quarter Festival, which is a wonderful food/music event for the locals. One special activity this year is a panel discussion about jazz on the river and on the PRESIDENT and Streckfus boats in particular. Doc will be on this panel, which is Friday about noon. Of course, as many trips as possible on the NATCHEZ will also be on my itinerary. You may have noticed fewer postings from me recently - this is partly due to working parttime on Census address validation, but mostly due to being rather bruised and sore from getting broadsided, on the drivers' side of my car, by a Volvo tank going at least 30 mph. Its driver wasn't looking at the road and ran a red light. My car was totalled, but amazingly both I and my passenger walked away just badly bruised. Since I'm still quite sore, I'll be travelling as lightly as possible so I'm not taking a laptop to drag through the airports. So I'll be offline while enjoying the environs of New Orleans, but I suspect a live from the levee report to Keith now and then. I'll take the list of requests for Doc to play, should he do a calliope concert this week.