Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

BB Riverboats River Hop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2009, 07:38 PM

Default BB Riverboats River Hop

Here's another chance for those wanting to ride a riverboat for several days. Capt. Bill Judd mentioned this a while back on the board - here are the details:

Cincinnati to Pittsburgh October 29 - November 2 5 days, 4 nights
$995 dbl, $1195 sgl

The boat, I presume the BELLE OF CINCINNATI, will make a brief stop or two each day.
Day 1 Newport KY to Manchester Ohio (hotel in Maysville); shore stop in Augusta KY
Day 2 bus from Maysville to Huntington WVA, cruise from Huntington to Gallipolis OH, hotel in Gallipolis; shore stop in Point Pleasant WVA
Day 3 bus from Gallipolis to Parkersburg WVA, cruise from Parkersburg to New Matamoras OH, hotel in Marietta, shore stops in Blennerhasset WVA and Marietta OH
Day 4 bus from Marietta to Steubenville OH, cruise from Steubenville to Pittsburgh, hotel in Pittsburgh
Day 5 bus back to Newport KY

There will be entertainment on board. Meals and hotels are included in the price. A special treat for those on board will be the presence of Capt. Bill Judd as a guest lecturer(riverlorian, discovery guide, ur-knowledgeable riverman, etc.).

Contact BB Riverboats BB Riverboats - Home for more info and to make reservations. If anyone wants to organize the Rambling River Rats for this, please do... I will send this info to all who have previously cruised as an RRR or who have expressed interest, but I won't be making this trip. As I've mentioned before, I'm a 'summer foliage' person. I'm afraid this trip is a bit late to be able to sit out on deck for 12 hours or so a day, as is my wont...