Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

JULIA BELLE SWAIN trip update

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2009, 12:32 PM

All 3 meals are taken care of with your fare. If we start off from a hotel, we get breakfast there and then lunch and dinner on board. If we leave early morning, we usually land before supper. In that case, both breakfast and lunch are aboard, and the dinner is at some restaurant in town, but included in the fare. All meals are sit down - they only do buffets for weddings and other special events. Tina told me they now own a couple of b&bs in the area, so they would be able to fill the servers spots - we could just sit back and eat, but she was appreciative of our offer. The hotels are taken care of by the boat company and a shuttle is provided. The hotel cost is included in the fare. I just broke it down because that's the way Tina mentioned it to me. So in other words, the setup is the same as the QUEENS: meals, entertainment, room, transportation are all included. It is obviously not of the degree of the QUEENS of course - although every hotel room I've had has far exceeded the size of any DQ cabin I ever had! I was sorry to see that they had removed the JBS pix from their website - I'll find some of mine and post so you realize the smallness of the vessel. Truth in advertising, no fisheye lens shots to enlarge a space! The JBS is 108 x 22 and has a 3 ft. draft. The main deck has lounge chairs and tables and chairs and is open air. The second deck has the airconditioned dining/entertainment/bar area. There is some outside seating on the bow and along the sides. The third deck also has an airconditioned cabin and some seating on the sides on benches. The Engine Room isn't a room - its right there in the open for all to see and kibitz.
Unless something has changed since I last rode, even the pilothouse is accessible, within reason of course.