Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Shore Excursions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2006, 11:32 AM

The AQ (and to a lesser degree the MQ) does have places that a teen might hang out and even play cards or an old fashioned board game. I used to also play bottle caps at the callioppe bar with kids of all ages. Mention to the bartender at the start that you want a cup full of bottle caps and one can shoot them like marbles.

Also, many crew enjoy talking to the teenagers to find out what is on their iPOD. The kids may also be playing iPODs or small portable gaming devices too.

West Virginia has some stores that might interest kids. Marietta has the Rossi Pasta place but I don't know how many shops will be open on Sunday.

Shore tours are always priced out as an extra and as a crew member, I only went on a shore tour once. It was complicated for a crew member to get away for that block of time. But, I honestly think the people who put together the tours try very hard to come up with a quality product or experience.

But, even if it doesn't seem like the company caters to the teen market, most of the teen passengers I met had a fabulous time and wanted to come back again and again.

Enjoy : )