not logged in.
           forgot password?

Another DQ Picture From 1955 Vacation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2008, 11:41 AM

RE: Jane and friend/1955 DA trip.
Jim & steamboating colleagues:
The vintage 1955 photo of Jane Greene and friend raised a lot of questions. Don't know that Jane has seen the snap or not and will attempt to make contact via E=Mail for a 'look see.' I made a scan and mailed to Joan Strader [Mrs. John J. Strader/'Jack'] for her perusal. Joan looked and stated she knows it isn't their late daughter 'Jackie.' Straders made many a DQ trip through the years as many on this board remember.

Until Jane can clarify my one guess is it 'possibly' could be her cousin of the Becker-Greene family here in Cincinnati living in Hyde Park. We all attended Withrow High School together in later years and I'd have to dig out my school annuals to see if the young lady on the right matches up--possibly. Jim, a great series of B/W photos of the day. Are there more?

Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River