Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   River Talk & Cruises (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/)
-   -   " Setting Sail " On The HMS Bounty (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/2730-setting-sail-hms-bounty.html)

Ted Davisson 12-07-2008 08:52 PM

" Setting Sail " On The HMS Bounty

3 Attachment(s)
Greetings From New Orleans ,
Tomorrow morning , the 8th. of December , Capt. Chris Rieder ( NOBRA 37 ) and I will be going aboard the HMS Bounty which is presently tied off at the " Paper Clip " dock in Baton Rouge and will be guideing her down the Lower Mississippi River to the New Orelans General Anchorage . Once we arrive at the New Orleans General Anchorage we will be handing her over to two Crescent River Port Pilots , who will then take her on down to Pilot Town for her return trip and to her home port of Tampa , Florida . Myself and the other three pilots will be doing this job on our time off and this will be a " pro bono " trip on the Bounty and I like the other three pilots whom have also volunteered for this assignment are looking forward to yet another adventure on the Mississippi River and this time on a replica of a famous sailing vessel from the distant past . We will be navigating under power and not under sail , fortunately and in all likelyhood this will be an all day endeavor and without radar I am sure it will be a rather interesting sojourn as well !
Smooth Sailing !
Ted Davisson

Bruno Krause 12-07-2008 09:27 PM

Water a little low on the Mississippi, perchance?

Capt Ted, please take a camera, lots of pictures please...what an adventure...

Ted Davisson 12-07-2008 09:58 PM

Talk About LOW RIVER !!

3 Attachment(s)
Greetings From New Orleans .
TALK ABOUT LOW RIVER !!
The river between New Orleans and Baton Rouge has been extremely low with both private and government dredges working all the deep water crossings , with no immediate relief in sight . The New Orleans , Carrollton River Gage has lately been hovering in the 2' to 3' levels and with the threat of salt water intrusion coming up the river and threatening the drinking water of many of the communities between New Orleans and the mouth of the river . Many of us have also expereinced groundings due to little or no water and in places where we've normally navigated for years in the past . Just another day at the office .
Smooth Sailing !
Ted

[QUOTE=Bruno Krause;14589]Water a little low on the Mississippi, perchance?

Capt Ted, please take a camera, lots of pictures please...what an adventure...[/QUOTE]

Paul Penta 12-07-2008 11:05 PM

[QUOTE=Ted Davisson;14588]We will be navigating under power and not under sail , fortunately and in all likelyhood this will be an all day endeavor and without radar I am sure it will be a rather interesting sojourn as well !
Smooth Sailing !
Ted Davisson[/QUOTE]

Bounty is going to cross the Gulf with no radar?

wow.