Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Missing our Delta Queen Thanksgiving

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2008, 02:29 PM

Default Missing our Delta Queen Thanksgiving

For the last few years we've spent Thanksgiving week with our second family on the Delta Queen so these days seem awfully empty. Trying to think positively I realize we need to be grateful for many things.
I'm thankful to the travel gods who put us on our first Delta Queen trip in 2003 and to the health gods who made more trips possible.
I'm thankful for the crew, both seen and unseen, known and unknown.
I'm thankful for all those people working to Save the Delta Queen, always coming up with new ideas and pushing the rest of us to keep working and believing.
I'm thankful for the individuals on this message board who gladly share their knowledge and memories with those of us born in the mountains and far from any river. And of course I'm thankful for the man who started this board.
I'm thankful for the veteran repeaters who made us so welcome and included us as "old-timers" even when we weren't. You know who you are!!
And I'm thankful for paddlewheel rainbows, sunsets and misty mornings.
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving with the hopes that next year will see us back on our beloved boat.
Ginnie

Last edited by Ginnie Rhynders; 11-23-2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: dumb mistake