not logged in.
           forgot password?

Captain Wagner Memorial Fund

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2008, 07:39 PM

Default Captain Wagner Memorial Fund

Greetings From New Orleans !
A few days ago I received an e-mail from David Tschiggfrie , our Treasurer , and he reported to me that our " Grand Total " for the Captain Wagner Memorial Fund has unfortunately stalled out at only $300.00 dollars . Futhermore , its also my understanding that only a few have made contributions for this cause and I would like to take this opportunity to ask one and all to please re-think your decision to not contribute . As I have stated once before , I don't care whats in your wallet but whats in your hearts and minds ! We're looking for people to contribute their time , their effort and their sweat to pay something back to the man that was the Master of the Str. Delta Queen , for all those years , operated the boat on a financial shoe string budget to keep the boat afloat , and then gave so much of himself to not only the boat , the company but also and just importantly the people that he trained , that he brought up , that he left behind to care for and to maintain the idea and image of steamboating on this countries Western Rivers . Captain Wagner brought out the best in all of us that followed in his foot stepts and now what better way to pay back this man that has now gone to his eternal reward , than to contribute something to his memorial fund . More importantly , no contribution is too small and both David and I have worked hard to generate the interest and the desire to pay back to Captain Wagner just a little something that he has done for all of us . If you cannot afford to send a single cent , at least tell your friends and acquaintences of this project and ask them to help . David has made contact with the S & D Reflector folks to make some space in their paper for some free advertisement and I have contacted the good folks at the Waterways Journal for the same reason . Please re-think your decision not to contribute and reconsider sending anything to David for this project . Thank you for your time to read this and I hope you reconsider and contribute to this MAN and this project !
Ted Davisson