not logged in.
           forgot password?

Hurricane Gustof vs. The Mississippi River

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2008, 08:18 PM

Default Hurricane Gustof vs. The Mississippi River

Greetings From New Orleans ,
A friend of mine that is a Crescent Salvage & Towing , harbor tug Captain , sent me these pictures he took while he and his crew were tied off to their landing barge across the river from Donaldsonville , La. , river mile 175 ahp . Donaldsonville is only about thirty minutes by car from Baton Rouge which was unfortunately " Ground Zero " for the storm . As you can see in the pictures and what he told me they experienced eight to ten foot seas and gail force winds clocked up to 140 mph . He also went on to tell me that in all his years of working on the river he has never experienced nothing like this before and is just glad to be alive to relate this to everyone . Needless to say , this gives a whole new meaning to the life of a seaman regardless of where he is serving .
Smooth Sailing !
Ted Davisson
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Smith Tugs.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	2082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smith Tugs 6.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	2083   Click image for larger version