Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Motorcycles & Steamboats ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2008, 08:09 AM

I too enjoyed that great story, wonderful stuff. But the thought of throwing good tools into the river...brrr, made me shiver.

I always thought that past crewmembers, especially Capt. Don, that were in the thick of it, back in the less regimented love and peace days, could be invited back to the ol' gal and tell us their incredible stories, like the one above. Wouldn't that be a great themed cruise? We could name it "Diabolical Times on the DQ". I predict it would be an instant sell out. And if the company could also bring aboard a late 60's to mid 70's band, I'm thinking something like CCR, or another favorite of Deb's and mine, Average White Band, ohhh my! or a good Motown group! even if the music isn't steamboaty...I cannot figure out why Deb and I haven't had the luck to cruise with Capt. Hawley. We have always so enjoyed Jane Greene's talks.

Ahh but to really dream. If only we could spend an hour listening to Capt. Wagner...or Capt. Way...or Capt. Tom Greene.

Sam, you gotta write a book...please...