Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   River Talk & Cruises (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/)
-   -   DELTA QUEEN and AMERICAN QUEEN in Louisville, KY 14, July 2008 (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/2333-delta-queen-american-queen-louisville-ky-14-july-2008-a.html)

inactive user 02 07-14-2008 12:49 PM

DELTA QUEEN and AMERICAN QUEEN in Louisville, KY 14, July 2008

Good afternoon all!

Just in from the riverfront at Louisville, KY where things have been hopping since about 9:30pm last night.

The AMERICAN QUEEN was downbound with the Ubberoth family aboard headed to St. Louis, and the DELTA QUEEN upbound headed for Cincinnati, OH. The AQ came in about 9pm and the DQ was landed and crew and pax getting off at about 10pm. A large number of crew of both boats were at a couple of local watering holes in Louisville until almost 2:30am this morning.

As you may have guessed there were several rumors and speculations mentioned. Nothing concrete, so I won't mention them here. It was great to be able to spend a good amount of time with many friends I have not seen since I worked on the boats.

At 12:30 the DELTA QUEEN left the landing with Professer Tony Schwartz at the keyboard of the DQ cally and I will give you the link to the YouTube video I shot (It is bad...but you hear the calliope and the whistles of both boats).

Who knows if this will ever happen again. Here is hoping it will!

~Travis~

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPig__83mEk]YouTube - DELTA QUEEN and AMERICAN QUEEN pass on 14, July 08[/url]

inactive user 02 07-14-2008 12:53 PM

Here are some more pics from today!

Enjoy!

~Travis~

Steve Huffman 07-15-2008 07:29 AM

Nice shots Travis, thanks!

Richard Reiff 07-18-2008 01:20 PM

DQ on the 17th and yes, hot dogs are back!

1 Attachment(s)
Travis:

sorry we missed you, we are on the downward trip stopped for the morning on the 17th. Here is a night shot of the DQ at the warf.

Rich Reiff and Pat Duffy

Phillip Johnson 07-18-2008 06:57 PM

I can't believe I missed this!!! Thats what I get for slacking on watching the forums! When will the DQ be in Louisville next?

Phillip

Jo Ann Schoen 07-21-2008 09:34 AM

The DELTA is not scheduled back in Louisville until Sunday, August 24th, with a boatload of steamboat lovers on board. It is suppose to be an all day stop 9 - 5. She will be in Madison this coming Sunday, July 27th for one of the Farewell Tributes. It is hard to make those words come out of my mouth! Scheduled to leave at 1:00 p.m. with the Tribute at noon.

Pat Traynor 07-21-2008 11:29 AM

Phillip,
Deb, Bruno, Barb & I will be on that trip, along with many other river rats. There's even a 'rumor' that some visitor's from Germany will be there at that time! Then there's a bunch of us on the following trip, many who you know - she'll be in Louisville on the 28th from 8 AM to 1 PM. Look forward to seeing you...........................

Pat

Carmen 07-21-2008 11:44 AM

Pat,

We heard that some of the passengers might need a ride over to the Howard Museum. So we thought it might be a good idea to show up and help out :-).

See you all in Louisville!

Carmen

David Dewey 07-21-2008 11:50 AM

Us too!! Gonna be a whirlwind stop though, gotta do the Howard AND the BOL too!! I have no Idea what the Co. has planned for that stop (shore trip); we's gots other plans, and YES we will be bumming rides!!! Thank YOU!!!!
Oh boy, Oh boy, STEAMBOATIN'!
S'
David D.
What?? Me getting excited???

Keith Norrington 07-21-2008 12:36 PM

Yvonne Knight and I will be "on deck" to open the museum early Sunday morning exclusively for our SPECIAL steamboat friends!

We'll have steam up on the coffee pot and are looking forward to seeing y'all soon!