Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

DELTA QUEEN and AMERICAN QUEEN in Louisville, KY 14, July 2008

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2008, 09:09 PM

Pat, thanks for the info on mileage between stops, my mileages are from the DQSC Steamboatin' River Log, and the mileages I suspect are similar.

Now the thing I don't get is the 3 different arrival and departure times posted here. My times are directly from a crew schedule that was printed out very early this spring...I guess it probably has changed by now. I suspect the true schedule is in the Capt and pilots heads...and probably hasn't been finalized down to the exact hour as we speak...But some times are very suspect, for instance the start of the cruise, i.e. the first night, we never leave that early, 5 PM...the earliest I've ever seen is 6:00 PM, the crew schedule I have says 9 pm, which is also very strange, usually it's (sometimes) 6:00 PM or (mostly) 7:30 PM.

And one more thing to ponder on the schedule, as I mentioned there are some tight squeezes at a railroad swing bridge and another rainroad draw bridge that was a little reluctant to raise that held us up for some time, both near/at Clarksville...and the Cumberland is a twisty little one, not sure if the speeds you mentioned can be maintained even WITH the current, as there are some tight turns...

Last edited by Bruno Krause; 08-03-2008 at 09:28 PM.