Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

The Majestic Brain Trust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2008, 06:10 PM

Default The Majestic Brain Trust

I just now got a call from our favorite travel agent. It seems that the brilliance that is the Majestic America Line has decided that all American Queen cruises after the November 8, 2008 cruise are cancelled.

I hope I'm wrong about this, I keep asking myself if I heard this right, this is huge...

So our December 13th American Queen cruise is now fantasyland. I guess the high count linen and the trumpeter swans, the Sara Moldies, the no advertising and the ridiculous rack rates finally got to the company. Deb and I would like to thank Majestic/Ambassador's personally, deep from our hearts, for cancelling what was going to be our "25th" cruise on the steamboats. I've had a few e-mails from our good American Queen crew buddies about the special things they were going to do to help us celebrate this not too usual occurance. You guys at Majestic/Ambassador's are just so special, ruining this for us and for them.

Now I have to figure out how Delta Airlines is going to handle the cancellation of our flights, I suspect it will be "Sorry, too bad..." $520...*poof* At least Delaware North would have offered an alternative cruise, a free upgrade and their appologies. And, no, we didn't buy the travel insurance.

I hope, for everybody's sake, that I'm not telling the crew this for the first time. I would expect that Majestic people would have the stones to tell their employees BEFORE they told their customers...

Please, PLEASE somebody buy these 6 incredible boats (you can keep the Contessa, Ambassadors)...please save them from these people, and return them to the simple, unpretentious, wonderful AMERICANA that they were two years ago...

Last edited by Bruno Krause; 06-10-2008 at 11:23 PM.