Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Hoping T. Wolfe was wrong.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2008, 07:50 AM

Default Hoping T. Wolfe was wrong.

If all goes according to plan, on Tuesday I will be joining the Delta Queen in Nashville, TN. Unlike many readers and poster on this board, I am not returning for a trip but rather serving 30 days on board as a crew member.
My attempt to return to the Marine Industry has resulted in my going back to the very start of my career. It's been 32 years since I first worked on her. It will be interesting to note changes, thing that have stayed the same, and what is considered "new" that is really old revisited.
I hope those of you who have trips planned will say Hi!. It's nice to put a face to a name. I have no misconseptions about returning to "the old days" but I'm sure places and events will cause the memories to flood me sometimes.
I'm going on the boat as a "green hand" with a little boat experiance behind me. As long as it has been, a little is all I remember. I do plan on apperciating each day a little more, each river sunset a little longer and hope I can add something to each persons trip, crew or passenger, as I know how time on the D. Q. can have a life time of effect and memories on anyone that is board her.
Working any boat requires hard work but words echo "Make your work your pleasure" and I think this is going to be interesting.