forgot password?

My DQ Painting from 1969

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2008, 09:46 AM

Location: Northern California above Lake Oroville on "Dewey Mountain"
Default My DQ Painting from 1969

Hi all,
Not sure where to put this posting, hope this is an OK spot.
Back in '69, while a sophmore in High School (what, about 15 yrs old?), I did a painting of the DQ in art class. This was during the "Save the DQ" campaign and (as I've posted before) I was doing my best in a tiny railroad town in N. Calif. to generate interest. Well, I was digging through storage looking for something else, when I came upon my old painting. So now it's hanging in our hallway of steamboat pictures/paintings. I realize nowthat it's not a very accurate painting, but I did it without pictures at hand (just memories of pictures) and without having seen the boat (don't think I'd seen the DK yet either--although I did later, while she was sunk in Rio Vista). So thought I'd share this little bit of my steamboatin' history.
S'
David D.
PS-- I got an A out of the class because of this painting--teacher told me that if I'd frame it, he'd give me an A--so I went home and made the frame and the little brass plaque (out of some shim stock that was laying about). He didn't think I'd do all that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my paintingweb.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1609  

Last edited by David Dewey; 05-07-2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Added PS.