Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Notes From Louisville

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2008, 08:55 PM

Default Notes From Louisville

1. TWILIGHT CRUISE..ran into Mary Bill Bauer this evening and she will be going on the cruise in August. That makes 7 from Louisville that I know of so far. Mary Bill will be fun to have along. So all you middle Upper Miss .orgers be prepared for the Louisvlle troops arrival.
2. HOWARD MUSEUM...Last week Kenny Howe, Alan Bates, and myself rehabed the pilotwheel display that was installed on the back porch last year. A year of school kids and hard use had taken their toll, but now everything is back to pristine working order in time for the April 19th offical dedication.
3. HOWARD PHOTOS AT UofL...As part of my volunteer work at the photo achives I will begin to digitize the Howard collection. Today I found that the photo archives have the 4x5 glass plate negatives which I thought had been lost in the fire. When we reomoved the negatives from the mansion the day after the fire, the 4x5's were not there and I assumed that they had been lost. Someone must have removed them sometime prior to the fire and they ended up in the hands of local photographer Linn Caufield who deposited the complete collection in the University of Louisville library. The 8x10 plates are mostly pictures of the shipyard and boats, the 4x5 plates are mostly of the mansion and Howard family. I'm sure there are some never before seen treasures in the almost 3,000 negatives which make up the Howard collection.
4. RUMOR DEPARTMENT.....rumor has it that Peter Uberoth himself will be at the "They're Off" luncheon this Friday where they will show the video recently made about the DELTA QUEEN and the Howard Museum.