Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   River Talk & Cruises (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/)
-   -   Finally...new CD's! (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/2086-finally-new-cds.html)

inactive user 02 03-03-2008 03:33 PM

Finally...new CD's!

Hey all...

Over the last 5 years I have threatened to release a new CD since the last one was released in 2003. Many ideas have been bandied about as to what it would and could be. Over the winter I worked on a music CD and a audio book on the history of the DELTA QUEEN. The end result was this....2 CD's which are now available! I am working on another audio book CD that will not see production until the early fall at earliest....so look for an announcement of it at a later date. I hope to have it ready before Christmas! Time will tell on this one.

The First CD is an audio book entitled, [B]"DELTA QUEEN - The Grande Dame of the Mississippi".[/B] It runs approximatly 2 hours and is a 2 CD set with a hidden partial calliope concert in one of the chapters. This is essentially my DELTA QUEEN history talk when I am aboard the boat with all the stories in it because time wasn't a concern. This dual disc CD is currently available! [B]$24.99 each [/B]

The second CD if my often threatened music CD. This one was recorded in my home on a Yamaha digital electric piano. Featured are Piano, Organ, and Harpsichord tracks. Some of the featured tracks include..."The Delta Queen Waltz", The Vic Tooker classic..."On The Mississippi Queen", "The Oceana Roll", "Honeysuckle Rose", "Aura Lee", and many more! Yes, as you might expect of me there is a complete calliope concert featuring the Steamer DELTA QUEEN calliope recorded on the 28th of October 2007 aboard the legendary one! The title of this one is[B] "Because I told You I Didn't". [/B]It seemed appropriate, as I have been saying that aboard the DELTA QUEEN for 4 years now when asked to play the piano...so this is where the title name comes from. [B]$14.99 each[/B]

I am offering a steamboats.org only deal here...I will sell them both for [B]$35.00[/B] as a pair. Although I am going to see about offering them on the boat this summer when I am aboard, I will not offer this offer there as there is a fee to sell aboard.

[B]Shipping and Handling[/B]
$5.00 individual US and $7.00 individual International. The pair ships for $7.00 US and $10.00 International.

Send your check or money order to...

Travis C. Vasconcelos
978 Vine Street
Louisville, KY. 40204

If you have any questions about the CD's please email them to me at... [email]steamcalliope@yahoo.com[/email]

Since I will be aboard the AMERICAN QUEEN from the 15th-the 29th of March, orders recieved at that time will not be shipped until the week of the first of April.

The long and cold winter sure looked brighter thinking of steamboats and their music. I hope you come to appreciate these recordings as much as I enjoyed making them!

I am working on another audio book CD that will not see production until the early fall at earliest....so look for an announcement of it at a later date. I hope to have it ready before Christmas! Time will tell on this one.

Franz Neumeier 03-09-2008 03:48 AM

I've just received my copies of Travis' new CDs, both the music CD and the two audio book CDs with a total of about 45 minutes of piano and calliope music and well over 2 hours of Riverlorian-style Delta Queen history and stories. It brings back so much memories from our last Delta Queen cruise that is already a couple of years ago. And the CDs are not high-end Hollywood studio quality recordings, which makes them even more authentic.

Support Travis by ordering his CDs and enjoy his music and stories you otherwise only get when cruising on our beloved steamboat Delta Queen.

Check the [URL="http://www.steamboats.org/history-education/steamboat-video-audio.html"]steamboats.org video and audio reviews[/URL] for more information about the CDs.

inactive user 02 03-11-2008 07:36 PM

Franz,

Thank you for your kind comments, I appreciate them greatly. I also want to thank those of you who have contacted me for copies of the recordings. My sincere hope is all who request them will enjoy them as much as I did making them!

Until the 14th I will be able to ship them from home. Any orders recieved after the 14th will be shipped on the 1st of April, as I will be on the AMERICAN QUEEN the 2 weeks between.

~Travis~

Pat Carr 03-17-2008 10:38 AM

I have just finished listening to Travis' CD's! The music one is very nice, with all its different keyboard instruments. But the memorable part of this CD is his live calliope concert on the DQ. Even the applause of the passengers at the end made me smile with my memories!

The truly great CD project that Travis has given us is the history of the DQ as only Travis could tell it from his background and experience. Having heard his talks many times, I thought I might miss his very animated presentation style, zipping around the Texas Lounge to illustrate events in the life of the DQ. But I didn't miss anything at all!

These two CD's have so much information and Travis tells the stories in such a way that brought tears to my eyes several times. I look forward to having the opportunity for my friends to hear these CD's and better understand why I so love my trips on our beloved DQ.

inactive user 02 03-27-2008 08:11 PM

Update....

If you would like to order my CD's, I will be home (In Louisville) from Saturday the 29th till the 25th of April. I will be able to ship them during those 3 weeks imediately upon order (In most cases you will have them in a week or less). After the 25th of April, I will not be able to ship as quickly, as I will be on the river!

Thank you again to all who have ordered them, I appreciate your interest!

~Travis~

Bear 03-28-2008 09:42 AM

The CD set is greeeeeeeaaaaat! Good work Travis.

Bear

daniel hood 03-28-2008 09:13 PM

cruising

[QUOTE=Travis Vasconcelos;10230]Update....

If you would like to order my CD's, I will be home (In Louisville) from Saturday the 29th till the 25th of April. I will be able to ship them during those 3 weeks imediately upon order (In most cases you will have them in a week or less). After the 25th of April, I will not be able to ship as quickly, as I will be on the river!

Thank you again to all who have ordered them, I appreciate your interest!

~Travis~[/QUOTE]

Hope that will be on the DQ if it is we will be waiting for you after Mary leave us.

inactive user 02 04-10-2008 04:11 PM

Thank you to every one who has contacted me and purchased the CD's from me! I appreciate sharing the stories of our Grande Dame with you and hope you enjoy them for a long time to come from her sun-drenched decks.

Starting on Friday the 18th of April I will no longer take orders from email for the CD sets as I will be selling them exclusively on the boats and select river museums. So if you want one sent to you before I take them off the web...let me know (steamcalliope@yahoo.com) so I can get them out to you imediately!

And again, thank you all for the tremendous support!

~Travis~