Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

You Tube Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2007, 09:33 AM

Default You Tube Video

THE Queen was in Nashville yesterday and I got down to Riverfront Park just in time to watch the departure. It was a 6:00 P.M. departure and I was expecting a later one so I nearly missed it. I took some quick video with my cheesy camera of the tricky U-turn that they have to do in the narrow channel. It is always something exciting to watch and it came off without a flaw this time. Even though I am not a pilot or engineer I can tell that it take instant coordination between the Pilot House and the Engine Room. After the turn is completed the calliope is warmed up and they played "I'm Alabamy Bound", "Tennessee Waltz", and "The Delta Queen Waltz" that was written by John Hartford. I have posted the video on You Tube for all you You Tube junkies. The picture quality on You Tube is never very good with the best of cameras so my cheap video looks a lot like a Monet painting but the sound is not bad. You can find it by searching for "Delta Queen Steamboat" from the You Tube site.