Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

FYI: Delta Queen Cruises for $100 a day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2007, 09:21 PM

Default FYI: Delta Queen Cruises for $100 a day

I just received a postcard with "real" specials. $700 for a 7 night cruise.

The $100 a day price is for the DQ sailings on July 19, 26, August 2, 10, 17, and 24th. It is for a "G" stateroom.

The "C" staterooms are $1,000 for 7 night cruises and $1,100 for 8 nights.

It is such a great time of year in Wisconsin, even with the great deals, I'm not tempted to head South. The cruises sound great, but the time of year seems wrong (too hot). The DQ should be on the upper Miss. at this time of year.

No idea how I got this postcard. My parents in the same state receive different postcard specials than the ones I receive very occasionally. They did not get this special offer.

I sure wish these specials were for 2008 cruises. It makes you wonder when to book for 2008, if they are going to offer deals like these at the last minute. These specials are only for new bookings. Right now I can't afford to cruise in 2008. Like others I use to take multiple trips a year, sad to realize I can't afford even one next year.

They did change their wording on the "2 for 1" specials. It is something like "early discount." I was told consumers just didn't understand what 2 for 1 meant. The past passenger discount is now 5%, not $100. (which is about $25 more off on the rooms I book). Also, they are giving $300 air credit, but the base prices seem the same.

Hope some of you can take advantage of these specials.